Friday, July 10, 2009

A toast......


We all went out for dinner tonight......Mark (my husband), the kids & I. When our drinks arrived, Mark & I toasted to 'my last restaurant meal with a stomach'. It still doesn't feel real. Every now and then I catch myself 'daydreaming' about what I will 'feel like' next week, laying in the hospital bed, wondering, how much pain will I really be in....? My goal is to be out by the weekend...we'll see how my body reacts. I pick up my in-laws from the airport on Monday; they will be here for 2 weeks. The day they leave is the day my sister-in-law arrives. It is actually very reassuring to me knowing that someone will be living in our home and taking care of Mark & the kids for me, for 3 weeks. Mark's family is so very generous and un-selfish in this regard. And my mum is just around the corner....and she would do anything to help out where she can. I managed to have my blood tests on Thursday afternoon when I picked up my beautiful sister Trudy from the hospital. She had a gorgeous baby boy on Wednesday morning and I was fortunate enough to have the honour of being with her through the delivery. It was the most remarkable experience! One that I will cherish forever.... I did my last Tupperware party today and it was really lovely. I really enjoyed it! I punched all the orders this afternoon so I might even get a chance to clean the oven tomorrow..... after I wash the car and do the floors, the dusting and attack that huge pile of ironing!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you all the best Tammy with your surgery. I'll be thinking of you. Out by the weekend??? Wow, that would be amazing! I was in for 8 days and I thought that was good. I find it quite interesting to hear about the different experiences of patients in various countries. Looking forward to your updates.

    Good luck!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete