Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One week to go.....


I rang the hospital today to confirm that I have confirmed my surgery.....what the? I have no idea why I did that. I started drinking the Nestle 'Impact Advanced Recovery' Pre-Surgery nutritional drinks today. The dietitian from the Royal Brisbane & Womens Hospital sent them to me....they taste like a thicker version of Sustagen. Luckily, I like Sustagen. Even though I have had quite some time to prepare, I seem to be cramming a lot into this week. Finalising work issues, haircuts for the kids, vet check for the dog (he even got a bath on the weekend!), waxing, tinting, grocery shopping; I've even done some Christmas shopping and have the kids birthday gifts sorted! Need to finalise my tax and clean the oven. I have eaten at my favourite restaurants and had my favourite take-aways, twice. I enjoyed mum's Pierogi's (a traditional Polish dish of cabbage, potato & noodle), twice. I've had plenty of white wine and beer, and too many packets of cheese & onion chips. Needless to say, I have gained 10 kilos. (I worry now that this may hinder my recovery in some way). I must remember to have my blood tests on Friday. I wonder when this is all going to sink in...................

1 comment:

  1. All of that and Christmas shopping, too?!!? You sound like Wonder Woman to me ;)

    ReplyDelete